Peak Organic Hop Noir Lamb Shanks
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
•1 lamb shank, closely trimmed of fat
•1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
•1 md. onion, cut into eighths
•2 md. carrots, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
•1 parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/4" slices
•1 clove garlic, chopped
•1 Tbsp. tomato paste
•2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
•1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
•1 cup Peak Organic Hop Noir
•Salt and pepper to taste
•1 -2 cups beef broth
1. Heat oven to 300F.
2. Generously season lamb shanks with salt and pepper.
3. Heat olive oil in a small dutch oven over medium high heat. Add lamb shanks and brown on all sides, including end. Remove to a plate.
4. Reduce heat to medium and add onions, carrots, and celery to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until ingredients begin to brown.
5. Add tomato paste, thyme, rosemary, and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cook an additional 1 1/2 minutes, stirring frequently.
7. Add beer and deglaze pan. Continue cooking until wine is reduced by half.
8. Return shanks to the pot and add enough beef stock to come halfway up the sides of the shanks.
9. Cover and place in the center of the oven, and cook for 3 hours, turning shanks over about halfway through the cooking time.
Beer Recipe Articles